Saturday, April 3, 2010

Update (April 2, 2010) on construction of new CSX bridge at CFP102, Cameron Run, Alexandria, Virginia

 CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE THEM

The pace has picked up on construction of the new RF&P bridge at Cameron Run. In the short time since I last updated this story (March 9), the bridge "kit" has arrived (by rail, I understand) and is now being assembled on the framework seen in my earlier reports. Scroll down for pictures taken Friday, April 2, 2010.







VRE301, shown below, was running 3.5 hours behind schedule because CSX had shut down the railroad owing to a "police action" near the tracks in Alexandria:

I asked one workman when the new bridge would be shoved into place and he claimed he didn't know. Clearly, however, it won't be much longer.

1 comment:

  1. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have those girders placed opposite on the compass than what's painted on the ends??

    ReplyDelete